David M. Gast focuses his practice on OVI/DUI criminal defense. David graduated from Salmon P. Chase College of Law was honored while earning his degree by being by the American Inns of Court. He graduated and was licensed in 1998, and is licensed to practice law in Ohio State and Federal Court. David has worked in both the public and private sector, and his background is comprised of experience representing clients in many areas, including: criminal, civil, property, probate, juvenile, business, and family law. He has litigated cases in Hamilton, Clermont, Butler, Warren, and Brown Counties.
David is passionate about his work and his clients. He understands how trouble with the law can wreak havoc on every aspect of your life – family, employment, day-to-day driving privileges, and future endeavors – whether it’s personal or employment-related. David wants to help you prevent any further interruptions to your life. The criminal division of the legal arena is fast-paced, but David has more than enough energy to keep up and get ahead in the game.
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, 1998
- Northern Kentucky University, 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College of DUI Defense
- Certified to administer the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests under NHTSA (National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration) and IACP (International Association of Chiefs of Police)
- Member of OACDL (Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers)
State v. Marvin Childers, Brown County Case #2015-2418: Felony OVI, Motion to Dismiss granted, Case Dismissed.
State v. Doss, Clermont County Case #2012CRB03588: Acquittal on two counts vehicular homicide (Jury Trial)
State v. Stonestreet, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas Case #B1300260: Acquittal on three felony counts of trafficking drugs, possession of drugs, and having weapons while under disability (Motion to Suppress)
State v. Larson, Hamilton County Municipal Court Case #C13TRC28182: DUI Acquittal (Bench Trial)